Thursday 20 February 2014

Task 4a

My first thoughts on task 4a were panic! It tells us to refer back to task 2d which unfortunately was the task I really struggled with and never managed to complete to my satisfaction. I am now trying to get over my panic and understand the task better.

I have just got a new job as Junior Accounts Manager of Highjam a marketing and promotions agency. I start on Tuesday and am very excited! This means that I am stuck as to what to question as the job is not performance based in anyway and so is not something I have previously been familiar with. The first questions that spring to mind are about the day to day activities of the job. This is obviously something I will find out when I start so will not take me far with my Professional Inquiry. I am worried that as most people on the course are still performing or teaching some kind of performance discipline that my questions will not overlap with others. Bearing that in mind I am going to try and have some performance element to my questions.

1) How will skills learned as a performer translate into an office environment?
2) Does being able to act give a person an advantage in different situations such as client meetings and networking.
3) How can dance skills be applied to a sit down job?
4) Is Singing a transferable skill?

I don't know if any of these questions will help to develop my eventual Professional Inquiry but I hope they are a start and that others can identify with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment